Desktop as a Service (DaaS) has been growing in popularity over the past several years, with an even greater focus since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. DaaS moves desktops and servers to the cloud, providing easy, secure access to your company’s files and applications from any device that is connected to the internet.
When the COVID-19 pandemic began, most companies shifted to working remotely and now many offer a hybrid work model. With DaaS, employees have the availability to be productive from any location, making the transition of going back and forth between office and home seamless. Technology for delivering DaaS has matured and improved significantly in the last few years. The time for DaaS is now!
There are several benefits driving migration to DaaS.
- Increased Cybersecurity. With DaaS, individual devices are no longer security risks because all desktop-to-server communication happens in the cloud service provider’s data center on a secure network. Your service provider should specialize in keeping up-to-date on defenses against those trying to infiltrate that security.
- Flexibility. DaaS offers the ability to work from anywhere so users can securely access their applications and data using any device. This allows businesses to remain productive and efficient.
- Business Continuity. DaaS is a great solution to help your business stay running during disasters such as earthquakes, pandemics, floods, and more when access to your office may be interrupted. Your workforce can remain fully productive even if they cannot physically be in the office.
- Backup. Since desktops are running in the cloud, you are not storing important data on your local devices and hardware. Instead, data is backed up to the cloud. This saves your IT organization from having to install and configure a backup system.
- Reduced IT Costs. With your desktop in the cloud, you spend less time maintaining and managing your IT system. With DaaS, the user only needs to run a browser or thin client to access the virtual desktop over the internet, allowing you to use your IT spend elsewhere, rather than on hardware or servers.
- Ease of Management. DaaS is easy to manage at an organizational level because the core functions are handled by your cloud service provider. With the ease of management, DaaS allows businesses to focus on what matters – their own business.
Hear what our clients have to say about their experience with Boxtop.