By now you are likely familiar with the term cloud for your business – when servers reside in data centers and are accessed over the internet, rather than physically sitting in a room at your office. You likely are also aware there are benefits of cloud, such as being more secure and accessible from anywhere. But did you know that cloud can be leveraged by your firm in a few ways? Do you know which is best for your firm?
There are generally three ways to leverage cloud: Software as a Service (SaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and Desktop as a Service (DaaS). Here at Tabush Group, we are huge proponents of DaaS. But don't just take it from us – DaaS is the future for business. In fact, Gartner predicts a 150% growth of DaaS between 2020 and 2023!
What is DaaS?
DaaS securely delivers applications and desktops from the cloud to any device. Users access their Windows desktops from the cloud. The virtual desktop looks and operates in the exact same way as a PC. Because these virtual desktops are streamed from the cloud, they are accessible securely and seamlessly from any device and any location.
What Benefits Does DaaS Offer?
- Familiarity. DaaS users work in the exact familiar Windows 10 desktop, using all the same applications and network share drives. There's nothing new to learn with DaaS!
- Simplicity. Cloud simplifies a firm’s IT from both technical and business standpoints. With DaaS, all applications and data are accessible from a single cloud desktop. All systems run within a single security framework, and everything is fully backed up and replicated by a single backup and business continuity system.
- Security. Regardless of where you are working or what device you are using, you are always securely accessing your applications and data when utilizing a DaaS cloud solution. Your security is truly elastic. In other words, it stretches beyond your office walls to ensure all users are always working in a secure manner.
- Business Continuity and Backup. Backup and business continuity are inherent parts of a DaaS cloud solution. Everything is regularly backed up to the private cloud and there is no need to purchase and maintain separate systems.
- Cost savings. DaaS moves IT infrastructure to the cloud, which means that firms no longer have to buy PCs and servers. Expenses transition from capital expenditures (CapEx) to operational expenditures (OpEx), which generally shows long-term savings.
- Centralized management. With DaaS your IT partner is responsible for updates, maintenance, backup, and support so that you don’t have to worry about your IT.
Boxtop is our fully cloud-based Windows desktop. All of your applications and data live in the same cloud, making them seamlessly accessible from any device, at any time. With fully redundant systems that are monitored 24x7x364, you can always trust your data is safe with Boxtop. For more information on our DaaS solution, check out our short demo video and request your free trial.