At the onset of the COVID-19 crisis, firms that had Desktop as a Service (DaaS) already in place were able to quickly and efficiently move their entire workforce home with little or no interruption to their businesses. The same advantages of DaaS that were evident during the COVID-19 crisis, are also advantages during other disturbances to business, such as a major storm, electrical outage, a flood or anything else that prevents regular access to your office. Why DaaS?
There are many benefits unique to DaaS, including:
- Scalability. Cloud is ideal for companies who may need to quickly scale up or those with changing needs during uncertain times. Firms that operate on DaaS do not need to own, maintain, or update infrastructure so they can scale up and down with little-to-no additional cost.
- Nothing new to learn. With DaaS you work on the same exact desktop in the office, at home, or anywhere else you log in. There’s no training for you or your staff required. Just login and work the same as you always have.
- Same exact experience. Because DaaS provides you the same work experience in the office and out, this means you always have access to all of the same applications you know and love. Plus, you can login from anywhere at any time and always have access to all of your data and documents.
- Security. breaches typically occur at the edge of a network. With DaaS, everything resides in the cloud, rather than in vulnerable end-user devices. If a device is lost or stolen, the data remains secure.
- Expertise. DaaS and cloud service providers are in the business of both IT and security so they have more resources available than an in-house IT staff. Cloud providers invest a lot of resources into security compliance, firewalls, and other controls so their clients don’t have to.
- Centralized management. With DaaS your provider is responsible for updates, maintenance, backup, and support so that you don’t have to worry about your IT.
When is the Right Time for DaaS?
It’s never too late to consider DaaS. Whether you’re preparing for the next unexpected disturbance or considering moving to a more flexible work environment, DaaS will afford your firm the stability, security, and simplicity to work productively from anywhere at any time.
Our DaaS Solution
Boxtop is a fully cloud-based Windows desktop that is made accessible from the cloud. All of your applications and data live in the same cloud, which makes them seamlessly accessible from any internet-connected device. Moreover, security is our priority, always at the forefront of everything we do. Boxtop desktops and data are stored in our own private cloud, which we’ve owned and operated since 2003. With fully redundant systems that are monitored 24x7x365, you can always trust your data is safe with Boxtop.
Hear what our clients have to say about their experience with Boxtop during the COVID-19 crisis.